St Olcan's Parish Centre
St Olcan’s Parish Centre provides a focal point for a growing rural parish in Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland.
The building replaces a dilapidated 1920’s hall located in the centre of the village.
This new facility caters for the needs of the various clubs and organisations within the parish. Meeting rooms, offices, kitchen and foyer areas wrap around the main hall which can accommodate indoor bowls competitions or audiences of up to 300 people.
Designed by The Harbour Studio, the centre is a contemporary building which expresses the progressive attitude of the parish whilst respecting it’s rural environment.
The double height glazed foyer creates a bright and welcoming presence. A café is located in this space, emphasizing the sense of community, which the centre seeks to reflect.
Externally, the building is finished with natural slate roofing and painted render walls, reflecting the local vernacular. Finishes, internally have been selected for their robustness and low maintenance properties. Oak doors, timber boarding and marmoleum flooring and a warm palette of wall colours cretes an informal welcoming atmosphere.